Crispy, Crunchy Baked Chickpeas
If you’ve attempted to make crispy Chickpea in the oven, you know the stuggles of ACTUALLY getting them to crisp up like their fried counterpart. But! Have no fear! Ultra Crispy, Crunchy Chickpeas are here and I’m going to show you how!
Let’s Dive in!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp seasonings of choice (Tandoori, Curry, Salt + Pepper, the choice is yours!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Open those chickpeas up and drain well by spreading them out on a clean towel. Use your hands to gently roll and dry the chickpeas, you’ll notice some of the chickpea skins starting to coming off. The more you peel – the crispier your chickpeas will become!
- Put your chickpeas in a bowl and add the Grapeseed Oil. Make sure your chickpeas are fully coated. DO NOT add the other seasoning at this point! The salt and other seasoning draw out moisture and can leave your chickpeas moist (ew, sorry).
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and dry/crispy to the touch. About half way through, check on your chickies and give the pan a good shake to make sure they’re not sticking.
- Once they’re done, remove them from the oven and toss with your desired seasonings and salt while they’re still warm. Let cool for 5 – 10 minutes before eating.
- Snack on them as they are or add them to Salads for extra crunch factor!