Fully Loaded Chickpea Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
I’ve been trying to get away from breads, wraps, and pastas and, for me, Buddha Bowls are the EASIEST way to do that. Buddha Bowls are basically a bowl which is packed so full that it has a rounded ‘belly’ appearance on the top much like the belly of a Buddha.
You can craft buddha bowls from almost anything, it’s a great way to use left overs or get rid of anything in the fridge that may turn soon.
This bowl tastes a little bit of time, just because of the veggies roasting – so if you want to do that in advance – it would make the whole process a little quicker. This bowl is seriously loaded to the brim with Alkaline Veggies, Heart Healthy Seed Sauces, and delivers a Protein PUNCH. So you ready? Let get started!
- 1 cup Maple Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup Kale
- 1/2 cup Pan Fried Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup Roasted Carrots
- 1/5 cup Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1/4 cup Baked Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Chopped Tomato
- 1/4 cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Raw, Shelled Edamame Beans
- 1/4 Fresh Cilantro
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Start by preparing your Roasted Veggies, Crispy Chickpeas, Maple Tahini Dressing, and Brown Rice (as directed on the package).
- While those are cooking, chop your Firm Tofu into 1″ squares.
- Heat Grapeseed Oil in a pan on medium/high heat. Add your Tofu squares and lightly fry until golden brown.
- Transfer Tofu to a bowl and lightly coat in your Maple Tahini Dressing. Set Aside.
- Once all your roast veggies have finished cooking, begin building your Buddha Bowl!
- Start with a base of kale, rice on top in the middle, and then work clockwise filling the bowl with Fried Tofu, Roasted Carrots, Chickpeas, Red Onions, Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes, and Edamame Beans.
- Add your desired amount of delicious Maple Tahini Sauce.
- Sprinkle some fresh Cilantro and Black Sesame Seeds. Serve!