Protein Packed Potato Salad! (Vegan)
When it’s summer, who doesn’t crave BBQ foods!? This Potato Salad is super creamy, crunchy, fresh, and PACKED with plant protein! The secret? Lupini Beans!!! Lupini Beans are a STAPLE for me now because they’re just the most perfect food in existent (that I’ve found so far). Don’t believe. Take a look at these numbers!
Lupini Beans – 125g
Calories – 200 Fat – 5g Protein – 22g Carb – 14g Fiber – 13g
Ya, talk about a superfood! Thousands of years ago, Roman warriors relied on these “Miracle Beans” to fuel them on long campaigns. So, if it was good enough for them – it’s good enough for me! Anyways, on to this delicious recipe!
1 Large Potato
1 Can Lupini Beans
2 stalks Celery
2 Tbsp Capers
Pickles Dill, Parsley, Chives to taste
1/2 cup Vegan Mayo
1/2 pack Soft Tofu
¼ cup Red Onion
Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Mustard, Pickle Juice / Apple Cider Vinegar, Salt + Pepper to taste
1. Dice your veggies! Potatoes, Rutabaga, Celery, Pickles.
2. Put on a pot of boiling water and boil your Potatoes, Rutabaga, and Lupini Beans until you’ve reached desired temperature.
3. Let cool until room temperature.
4. Begin the dressing by adding Soft Tofu (Silken works best), Vegan Mayo, and Seasonings into a blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Add Red Onion to blender and pulse until finely chopped.
6. Once your salad has cooled, add remaining ingredients: Celery, Capers, Pickles, and Seasonings. 7. Dress with dressing and serve with sprinkled chives.